Privacy and Security Policy
Your privacy is critically important to us.
Last updated on October 4th, 2019
Letter from our founders
We do not sell personal information about anyone who uses our services. Ever. That wouldn’t be fair.
Our stance on privacy is simple: We will be transparent with what data we collect and how we use it to make your workday more enjoyable and you can decide if you’re good with that.
If this sounds fair, then let’s start perfecting the workday, together.
Co-Founder and CEO, Daybreak
Co-Founder and CTO, Daybreak
P.S. If you have any questions or comments, we’re always listening at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of information you share and we collect
In order to deliver Daybreak’s products to our users and members, to provide support for those products, to improve those products, and to create new products and services to help users and members save time and money, Daybreak collects information from you during your use of the Services. We collect information you share directly with Daybreak and other information during your use of Daybreak’s products and during your interactions with us.
Information you share
When you become a member of Daybreak you share a limited amount of information in connection with the registration process, including your name, email address, member password and other registration information. As you continue to use Daybreak’s products, you can share additional personal information, including your age, gender, marital status, interests, and other personal information. This information helps our team understand usage trends for Daybreak’s products and helps personalize your experience while using Daybreak. Sharing this additional personal information is optional and does not impact your use of Daybreak’s products.
Information we collect
In addition to information that you share with us, Daybreak’s products automatically collect certain information to enable Daybreak’s products, including the Extension, to function properly and to help us better understand how our products work on various devices and browsers. That includes the type of devices you use, your operating system, the version of Google Chrome you use, error logs, and other similar information. This information also allows us to upgrade and improve your experience (for example, by working to correct any errors you may experience during your use of Daybreak’s products).
We are always happy to help our users and members when you reach out with questions. The information we collect during that process is used to better improve Daybreak’s products and the experience of our users and members.
Our goal is to perfect the workday by using the data of our users and members to create better tools and products. The information you share, and we collect, enables us to do that and gives us insights about the quality of our Daybreak content. We also may use information you share, and we collect, in aggregate with other data for research and analytical purposes related to our development of new products and services. We do not sell your personal information to anyone, but we may be obligated to disclose information you share, and we collect, in connection with legal requirements imposed on us and obligations we have, as further set forth below in the section titled “How do we share your information with third parties?”
Information we do not collect
We collect information that we believe can help us perfect the workday. While you are using the Extension, this does NOT include any information from your search engine history or from your email. We also do not collect bank or credit card account information unless you expressly provide those to us in connection with your use of the Service. That means while you are using the Extension and Daybreak is perfecting your workday, we are only collecting information about your usage of the Extension itself, not your financial information.
Your choices for managing your information
We have made it easy and simple to opt out of Daybreak’s products at any time. We have instructions on how to uninstall the Extension on our Website (https://meetdaybreak.com/about) and if you have any issues you can contact our support team for assistance by sending an email to email@example.com. We have also given members the ability to control the data we collect, while still continuing to use our products. This information can be adjusted in the accounts settings pages, but limiting the information you offer to provide may impact Daybreak’s ability to provide certain products to you.
If you are an individual accessing Daybreak’s products from the European Economic Area, please see the section below entitled “Additional privacy and security information” for further information regarding additional rights you have.
How do we share your information with third parties?
We may also be required to disclose information under these limited situations:
- as required by law, or to comply or respond to a government request, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate fraud;
- with a buyer, affiliate or other successor if Daybreak is involved in a merger, acquisition, similar corporate transaction. In such instances, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Website of any change in ownership, as well as any choices you will have as a result of such transaction.
Storage of your data
As we are located in the United States and Daybreak’s products are operated in the United States, if you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that the information you share and we collect will be transferred to, and processed, stored, and used in the United States in order to provide Daybreak’s products to you. The United States does not have an adequacy decision regarding data protection from the European Commission.
Additional privacy and security information:
Users and members residing in the European Economic Area:
- Controller: We are a private company, established in the U.S.A. Our address is 711 Atlantic Ave, Boston, MA 02111, U.S.A. and our contact email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation we are the data controller.
- Legal Bases: We describe in the section above titled ‘Use of information shared and collected’ the purposes for which we use the data collected and shared. Where we are using the data in order to provide Daybreak’s products to you, our legal basis for such use is on the basis of our contract with you. For all other purposes our legal basis is our legitimate interest in running our business, including ensuring Daybreak’s products function properly and improving and creating new products and services except where we obtain your consent for a particular processing, in which event the legal basis will be your consent.
- Your rights: To exercise any of these rights above, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that these rights are limited, for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals or where we are required by law to retain your personal data.
- Access and portability: You are entitled to request access to your personal data we hold and be provided with certain information about how we use your personal data and who we share it with. Where you have provided your personal data to us with your consent, you have the right to ask us for a copy of this data in a structured, machine readable format and to ask us to share (port) this data to another data controller.
- Correction: You have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to deletion: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you.
- Restriction: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data.
- Objection: You can object to our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests and we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground.
- Withdrawal of consent: In the event we have relied upon your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cease use: Finally, you may always cease using Daybreak’s products, and you may uninstall the Extension. After a reasonable time following such uninstallation, as set forth below, Daybreak’s products would no longer have access to your personal information.
- Complaints: In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us in the first instance at email@example.com and we will endeavor to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to raise a complaint with a relevant supervisory authority.
Users and members residing in California:
California residents are permitted to ask any Internet based company, including Daybreak, to identify categories of personal information shared with affiliates and/or third parties for direct marketing purposes. Daybreak does not share personal information with any affiliate or third party for direct marketing purposes without your prior approval. If you are a California resident and would like us to confirm in writing that we have not provided any of your personal information to affiliates and/or third parties for direct marketing purposes, please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do so at no cost to you.
Daybreak only keeps information attributable to you as long as is required to provide and enable you to use Daybreak’s products, and as required to fulfill our legal requirements and defend legal claims.
After you have terminated your use of Daybreak’s products, we will store your information in an aggregated and anonymised format.
If you would like us to delete the information you provided, you can always contact us directly at email@example.com. We can explain how we can delete your profile immediately. Once you delete your profile, there is no longer any data attributable to you.
We use “cookies” and other semi-persistent but non-personally identifying member identification markers to identify members (“IDs”). When you join as a member and create an account, the information you share, and we collect, will be synced with these IDs.
We created Daybreak for the exclusive use of adults aged 18 and older. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18; if you are a child under 18, please do not attempt to register for Daybreak’s products or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under 18 who you believe may have provided us with personal information, and/or posted information on any publicly-viewable portion of Daybreak’s products please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for our assistance, including to request removal of such information.
We take precautions to protect and safeguard our users’ and our members’ information. We have put in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information we collect and process. This includes, limiting access to employees, vendors, and others; use of pseudonymization and anonymization techniques where feasible; and use of encryption techniques when transmitting information. Nonetheless, we are unable to guarantee that user or member information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed as a result of a breach of any of our physical, electronic and procedural safeguards.
If you have any questions about our privacy policies and practice, please contact us at email@example.com.